This pizza is so close to the real thing, you won’t even know the difference! Try this recipe for cheeseburger pizza, which has ground beef, cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, and special sauce, and turn any weekday into a celebration.
I should have known better than to let our kids order cheeseburger pizza from the neighbourhood chain restaurant the first time we tried it. Somewhat surprisingly, however, it does the job. If you understand my drift, my family thinks this pizza is equally as good as the burgers we get at a burger business “managed by more than four people.”
Cheeseburger pizza is exactly what it sounds like: melted sharp cheddar cheese and “special sauce” on a sesame seed pizza dough. Ground beef, seasoned in the same way you season your juicy burgers, is added to the top, along with pickles, tomato slices, and additional cheese.
Cheeseburger pizza has been a staple of pizza Fridays in my household for as long as I can remember, but we’ve never prepared it the same way again. Begin with the standard recipe and then play around with the fillings, crust, and cooking process as you gain comfort.
The Optimal Portion of Ground Beef
When I make this pizza, I like to use the same ground beef that I use for burgers. My preferred burger meat is ground chuck (80/20) due to the high fat content (the “20”) that adds flavour and keeps the meat moist. It’s vital to use ground meat with at least 10 percent fat in it as it will be cooked twice: first in the skillet to brown it and again in the oven when baking on the pizza. Dry burger meat on a pizza is something nobody likes.
Seasoning the meat before browning it helps lock in the flavors. The taste is improved by cooking it with onions. After the ground beef has been cooked through and seasoned, it may be used to top pizza dough.
Variations, Substitutions, and Swaps
- Create a one-of-a-kind cheeseburger pizza by adding all your favourite fixings. The bacon cheeseburger is a staple in my diet, but I wouldn’t say no to a bacon and mushroom cheeseburger pizza.
- You may make your own pizza dough or buy some already produced. The ease of this pizza, particularly with the assistance of the shop staff, is a major selling point.
- You may use Thousand Island dressing instead of the secret ingredient. Instead of making your own sauce, pick yourself a bottle of the one used at your favourite burger business.
- Dill pickles are my go-to pizza topping because they provide a salty punch. Use bread and butter pickles instead for a sweeter contrast.
- Substitute Colby jack, mild or medium cheddar cheese, or Swiss cheese for the sharp cheddar cheese.
- Instead of sesame seeds, you might sprinkle on everything bagel spice, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, or poppy seeds.
- The options for extra fixings are almost limitless. Okay, but you still have to pick up the slice, at least within reason. To spice up your cheeseburger pizza, try sprinkling some crumbled cooked bacon, sliced mushrooms, pickled jalapeo slices, or sautéed green peppers on top of the ground beef and sliced onions.
- Your cheeseburger pizza will taste great either grilled or baked.
Cooking-related: for preparing the pan
- Cornmeal, 3 Tablespoons
Methods, Recipes, and Ingredients
- Mayo, one cup’s worth
- Miniature yellow onion, about a quarter cup
- Ketchup, to taste, 2 teaspoons
- 1 Tablespoon of Mustard, Yellow
- 1 mL of fresh lemon juice
- The equivalent of 1/2 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- A Pinch of Salt, Only
- Chuck weight: 1 lb.
- One-half cup of minced yellow onion
- Two tablespoons of your favourite steak or burger seasoning
- Pizza dough, fully risen, 1 pound ball
- Flour, enough for the dough’s shape
- 1 uncooked egg
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Sesame seeds, 2 teaspoons
- Secret Sauce (or Thousand Island dressing; 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups, divided)
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese, 2 1/2-3 cups (12 ounces)
- Dill Pickle Slices, Three-Quart Measure
- Cut 10 cherry tomatoes in half
- Shredded romaine lettuce, 1 cup
Tools of a Unique Kind
- one pizza pan, either twelve or fourteen inches in diameter
1. Put the pan in the preheated oven and turn the temperature up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 degrees Celsius).
Arrange the cornmeal in a pizza pan that is 12 to 14 inches in diameter. Your pizza dough will not cling to the pan if you do this. Put the pot down for a moment.
2. Make the special seasoning:
Mayonnaise, onion, ketchup, mustard, lemon juice, sweet paprika, and salt are blended together in a medium bowl using a whisk. Once the mixture is smooth, you may let it rest at room temperature or in the fridge to let the flavours blend while you get the ground beef cooking. You may expect to have between 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 cups of sauce.
3. Fry the meat and onions:
Put the ground beef and onions into a deep pan. Sprinkling the meat and onions with burger seasoning before cooking it over medium heat is a great way to make a tasty meal. This method of cooking beef requires no added oil since the fat will render while it cooks.
Once the burner is hot, you can begin chopping the meat into smaller pieces and tossing in the onions and seasonings using a spoon or spatula.
Ten minutes of cooking time should be enough to ensure that the meat is well cooked. Drain out the fat with a big spoon and throw it away. Turn off the stove and put the pan aside.
4. Put the pizza dough in the oven for a short amount of time to “par-bake.”
Dust your hands and a rolling pin with flour. The pizza dough should be rolled out into a circle that is 1 to 2 inches bigger in diameter than the pizza pan.
In a small dish, combine the egg yolk and cold water and whisk to make the egg wash.
Outline the pizza dough’s perimeter with an egg wash, leaving a margin of 1 1/2 inches. To make a pizza crust, roll the circle’s edges inward, 2 inches. After shaping the crust, brush it with the egg wash and then sprinkle it with the sesame seeds. Pierce the dough all over the pan with a fork, but especially in the middle.
Cook for 10 minutes in a preheated oven after sliding the pan inside.
5. Put everything together and complete the baking:
Take the pizza pan out of the oven when the dough is a light golden colour and has blistered somewhat.
Spread 1 1/4 cups of the top-secret sauce on the pizza dough using the back of a broad spoon. Top the sauce with half of the shredded cheddar cheese and the seasoned burger and onion combination. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and then put the pickles and tomato halves on top of the meat.
In a preheated 400°F oven, bake the pizza for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the dough is golden.
6. Serve with garnishes:
After the pizza has cooked through and cooled for 1-2 minutes, remove it from the oven and top it with the shredded lettuce and the remaining 1/4 cup of secret sauce.
If you want your food to be piping hot, cut it right away. Consumption on the day of preparation is recommended for this pizza.
|Pizza Recipes||Click here|