If you want to make an All-American pizza with pepperoni, melting cheese, and a hot homemade pizza sauce, start with Red Star Yeast’s quick pizza dough recipe.
Red Star Yeast, one of my favorite companies, and I have teamed up again. Red Star gave me the option of preparing and writing about three of their online recipes to feature on Barbara Bakes. They want to include my recipe photos and a link to my essay on their website. I started with an order of their All-American Pizza.
We make pizza at home quite often, and the standard All-American pie is topped with pepperoni, cheese, and hot sauce. Use whatever pizza sauce you like best, although I’ve included my own recipe for pizza sauce in case you’re interested.
The use of instant yeast in this recipe makes it very quick and easy to get the pizza in the oven. I liked how a little cheese on top of the crust before baking helped keep it from becoming soggy.
Our family loves margherita pizza, and it’s one of the only kinds my kid would eat. Similar to classic pizza, but with a few European touches. The crust is drizzled with olive oil and topped with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil instead of sauce. I had to substitute shredded mozzarella for fresh since I was short of the former. Grilled vegetables would also be a fantastic addition to a vegetarian pizza.
In order to feed all eight of us, I multiplied the recipe by two and prepared four 12-inch pizzas (one margherita and three pepperoni). We’ve included the doubled recipe below. For the authentic recipe, see Red Star Yeast. In addition to its website, Red Star Yeast may be found on social media platforms including Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook.
My family’s unanimous approval of this pizza speaks volumes. As a result of the dough’s manageability, the crust nicely crisped on the bottom and sides while staying soft and pliable in the middle. There’s no question in my mind that I’ll be cooking this again.
Standard American Pizza with Freshly Made Marinara
Took 30 minutes to cook
The Full Running Time
Meal will be vegetarian.
4 x 12-inch pizzas per serving
Barbara SchievingCook Mode is the author.
Keep your computer from entering sleep mode
- Four and a half to five cups of bread flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons of yeast 1 packet of Red Star Quick Rise yeast*
- Amount of salt: 3 teaspoons
- 1.5 litres of water
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
Topping for Pizza Made From Scratch
- 2 minced or pressed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, or other vegetable oil
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes in thick purée
- The equivalent of one teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder 1 tsp onion powder 1
- 1/2 tsp. of dried basil
- 14 teaspoon of salt
- 14 teaspoon dried crushed pepper
- Topping for Pizza Made From Scratch
- The garlic cloves should be sautéed in oil in a small saucepan until they are soft. Blend in the remaining sauce components. Raise the temperature until it begins to boil.
- Turn the heat down and let the sauce simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Keep sauce in the fridge for up to a week.
- Combine the yeast, salt, and 2 cups of flour in a medium mixing basin and beat until smooth. Mix the water and oil together, then heat to between 120 and 130 degrees Fahrenheit before adding to the flour. In a blender, mix on low until ingredients are moistened, then beat on medium for 3 minutes.
- Slowly incorporate the remaining flour until you have a soft dough. This was accomplished with the help of the dough hook attachment for my KitchenAid mixer. Put flour on work area and knead for 3–5 minutes. Form a ball with the dough, cover, and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut the dough into quarters (2 parts if you want larger pizzas). Press each half into a greased 12- or 14-inch pizza pan using well-floured or oiled fingertips.
- You may avoid a soggy crust by scattering 1/4 cup of shredded cheese over the dough. Each pizza should have around 3/4 cup of prepared pizza sauce spread on it. Pizza sauce, cheese, tomato slices, pepperoni, cooked Italian sausage, anchovies, mushrooms, onions, olives, green peppers, and any other toppings you choose. Shredded cheeses like Mozzarella, Parmesan, and Asiago may be sprinkled on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 400°F, or until the crust is crisp and the cheese is melted. Immediately serve
|Pizza Recipes||Click here|